Oven-Fried Ranch Steak Recipe
I've made this recipe with chicken instead of beef, and the results were equally good. The combination of ranch salad dressing and cajun seasoning also is great as a dip for fresh veggies.
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and seasoning; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow plate, combine the cornmeal, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Coat both sides of beef in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Fried Ranch Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p123
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Ranch Steak(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review