Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken Recipe
My great-grandson Austin eats only chicken, so it appears on the menu at every family gathering. This version, which marinates chicken in lemonade, is among his favorites.—Anneliese Deising, Plymouth, Michigan
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Refrigerate 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate for basting. Pour remaining concentrate into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear, basting with reserved lemonade concentrate every 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC