- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
Sort By :
"Great recipe plain or with bbq sauce!"
"When I made this, I made some changes. I used olive oil instead of butter. I also added parsley and italian spices and cut the amount of salt (I have a heart problem). It was very good. Would make it again."
"Very moist and flavorful. Used legs and thighs."
"I make this once or twice a month. My whole family loves it and if you ask us, you can't tell it's baked instead of fried. Delicious!"
Totally agree. It frustrates me when people post a negative comment and mess up a rating when they have not even tried the recipe or see fit to tell others what they should or should not eat. "msboopWHY do people think they have the need to tell everyone it is too much fat? Simple, just don't make it,no comment nec., just don't do it. It is very tasty, which is the point. We are responsible adults.