Everyone will call you a gourmet cook when you serve this tasty chicken. Don’t tell them how easy it is to prepare.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken in Country Extra March 2007, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review