Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
Everyone will call you a gourmet cook when you serve this tasty chicken. Don’t tell them how easy it is to prepare.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Dip
- chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 40 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.