- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
Sort By :
"Tasty fried chicken. Would definitely make again."
"This is a great chicken recipe. Other than using only legs and thighs, I didn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"Great recipe plain or with bbq sauce!"
"When I made this, I made some changes. I used olive oil instead of butter. I also added parsley and italian spices and cut the amount of salt (I have a heart problem). It was very good. Would make it again."
"Very moist and flavorful. Used legs and thighs."