Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets Recipe
My husband and I love fresh, fried fish, but we're both trying to cut back on fats. I made up this recipe and it was a huge hit. He tells me that he likes it as much as deep-fried fish, and that's saying a lot! —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Coat fish with butter-flavored spray, then roll in crumb mixture.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked fish nuggets on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Bake nuggets on a rack on a greased baking sheet 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 171 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC