Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets Recipe
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Coat fish with butter-flavored spray, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets
Sort By :
My husband and I enjoyed this fish. I didn't make any substitutions and found it very tasteful. It's a keeper in my recipe box.
We tried this last night. Everyone liked it. I used Panko for the breading with fresh Parmesan and a little salt and pepper. I used fat free milk to moisten fish before rolling in Panko. It was crunchy and moist. I am eating a few pieces warmed up in the oven for breakfast and it retained the crunch! Very good and easy to make. My boys liked it so that is a big win!
saw this recipe yesterday & made it last night - very tasty! used crushed ritz crackers & panko for breading & also put on rack during baking for xtra crispiness--my husband & I thought it was very good--will make again--omitted the 1/2 tsp of salt d/t salt in crackers.
Not much to write home about on this one. Fish does not have to be bland, this one sure is!
Good recipe! Easy! Hey SingerRinger: try crushing a high fiber cereal like Fiber One for part of the crumbs & coating the fish with whipped egg whites to keep it at 4pts. You still need to spray the rack/sheet with cooking spray though. For those who substituted another kind of fish: cod doesn't need much seasoning, but some other kinds do: . Whatever you use needs to be firm/thick enough that it can be cut into 1"inch CUBES to get the right effect. Don't give up on enjoying fish: Keep "frying" until you find a combo you like!!