My husband and I love fresh, fried fish, but we're both trying to cut back on fats. I made up this recipe and it was a huge hit. He tells me that he likes it as much as deep-fried fish, and that's saying a lot! —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Coat fish with butter-flavored spray, then roll in crumb mixture.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked fish nuggets on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Bake nuggets on a rack on a greased baking sheet 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p13
Reviews for Oven-Fried Fish Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review