"My mother, who is diabetic, often relies on this simple recipe," explains Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. "The meat is lightly seasoned and stays moist."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place in an
- 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Pork chops may be substituted for the chicken. Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.