This tender dish pairs a crisp coating of herbs and breadcrumbs with sweet-tart cranberries, creating a lean and satisfying entree. Donna Noel - Gray, Maine
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, wheat germ, garlic and seasonings. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce to a boil. Remove from the heat; whisk in the lime juice, vinegar and mustard. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Oven-Fried Chicken with Cranberry Sauce in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Chicken with Cranberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review