- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine yogurt, mustard and garlic. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In another plastic bag, mix flour, paprika, baking powder, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade and add, one piece at a time, to flour mixture; close bag and shake to coat. Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Sort By :
Has anyone used regular flour instead of the whole wheat? Somehow that just doesn't sound good on (oven) fried chicken.
My husband loves this--- and he's pretty hard to please!
Is is necessary to use Greek yogurt, or can regular yogurt work? Thanks
I love chicken drumsticks anyway...my favorite part of the chicken.....and this recipe made them even better! We Love garlic and I used three cloves. The garlic taste was really there, and baking them on a rack made them crispy all over. It's a little messy, but worth the effort@
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >