This moist baked catfish gets its crisp golden coating from cornflake crumbs. The fillets are nicely seasoned with celery salt, onion powder and paprika. Phyllis Early of Holland, Michigan shared the recipe.
- 4 catfish fillets (6 each)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, celery salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg white and milk. Dip fillets into egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Fried Catfish in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review