- 4 catfish fillets (6 each)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, celery salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg white and milk. Dip fillets into egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Catfish
"Fish was very crisp. I think next time I would increase the spice level in the crumb mixture."
"Definitely a keeper. The coating stays nice and crispy and has great flavor!!"
"THis recipe was so delicious... of course im from the southern state of Louisiana and we love catfish! I did put in a teaspoon of old bay seasoning though.... DELISH!!!!!!!"