Oven-Fried Apples Recipe
I host a breakfast for ladies of my church during the holidays, and I often make this recipe to serve as a side dish. It's also good for topping waffles or ice cream.
- 10 medium Granny Smith apples (4-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. Peel apples and cut in 1/4-in. to 1/2-in. slices. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, alternate layers of apples and sugar mixture. Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 408 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC