Oven French Fries Recipe
We know it sounds crazy, but these homemade fries really are light. Shared by Margaret Taylor of Salem, Missouri, they offer a surprisingly crisp texture and a flavor you'll both enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add potatoes; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain potatoes and pat dry on paper towels. Toss potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes on each side or until tender and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC