We know it sounds crazy, but these homemade fries really are light. Shared by Margaret Taylor of Salem, Missouri, they offer a surprisingly crisp texture and a flavor you'll both enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add potatoes; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry on paper towels. Toss potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes on each side or until tender and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Oven French Fries in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p15
Reviews for Oven French Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review