Oven Fish 'n' Chips Recipe
Enjoy moist, flavorful fish with a coating that's as crunchy and golden as the deep-fried variety...plus crisp, irresistible "fries"! Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado suggests this easy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes (1 pound), peeled
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oil and pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Add to oil mixture; toss to coat. Place on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. In a second dish, beat egg substitute and water. In a third dish, combine cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture and roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with chips and tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven Fish 'n' Chips in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oven Fish 'n' Chips(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2011
I pan-fried the fish for a few minutes in a bit of oil before baking for extra-crispy deliousness.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Fried Potatoes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >