- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven Denver Omelet
Sort By :
"We don't care for green pepper so I substituted them for green chili peppers and used green onions for the onion. I like the idea of using Kielbasa or bacon in place of ham and milk instead of half and half."
"This is a winner! I made some changes based on personal taste and what I had on hand: red pepper instead of green, condensed milk instead of half and half, and lite Polish kielbasa instead of ham. I doubled the peppers and onions and cut the kielbasa slices into fourths and browned them in a frying pan before adding to the egg mixture. It took 35 minutes to bake in an 8x8 baking dish, and as suggested, it should be generously greased. The omelet is light, fluffy and flavorful, and can be easily adapted to personal tastes."
"was half and half cream"
"This was really good! I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan and it only took about 10 more minutes to cook. I think I'll just use milk next time as the half and half seemed to add a slightly sweet flavor for some strange reason. Maybe that was just the half and half I used."
"I always use fat free half and half and cheese. Always comes out great."