- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven Denver Omelet
Sort By :
"I made this for Thanksgiving breakfast. It was delicious! I did make a couple of changes, I used half eggs/half egg whites, reduced fat 4 blend cheese, a combo of turkey bacon and apple sausage instead of the veggies, and some garlic salt and pepper. Will definitely make this again!"
"Very good and easy to make!"
"I also used hatch green chilies which gives it a southwest flavor."
"I didn't make this as written because I didn't have a bell pepper or ham, so I substituted a 4 ounce can of drained green chilies, 12 small chopped fresh crimini mushrooms and added 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper and 1/2 cup more of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, only because we like cheese. It was so good. Next time I will saut? the onions prior to adding. I baked this for 35 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. Ellen, thank you for a recipe that can be molded into a good meal and a 5 star recipe with the substitutions!"
"Very good and easy. Any leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic wrap freezes great, just have to keep the air out! Definitely a keeper! No extra liquid! Will make again."