Oven Denver Omelet Recipe
I like omelets but don't always have time to stand by the stove. That's why I favor this oven-baked variety that I can quickly pop into the oven at a moment's notice. My family frequently requests this for Sunday brunch. They always empty the dish.—Ellen Bower, Taneytown, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 235 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 326 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC