I OFTEN MAKE this easy potato dish when I invite someone over for lunch. It's a nice accompaniment to salads or sandwiches.
This dish always draws complimentary comments when my lunch guest arrives...the aroma of that touch of onion baking with the potatoes whets the appetite.
-Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange potatoes in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine
- butter, onion and pepper; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at
- 425° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.