Oven Chicken Stew
I grew up with this entree. It couldn't be easier to prepare, and it turns out delicious every time.
-Phyllis Sheeley, Altona, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place the chicken, broth and water in a Dutch oven or 3-qt. baking
- dish. Top with carrots, onions and celery; sprinkle with salt,
- pepper and basil.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and