VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- Additional Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Stir in the cheeses and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Top with additional Monterey Jack if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Oven Cheese Chowder in Country August/September 1995, p51
Reviews forOven Cheese Chowder
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2010
"Awesome. A keeper for sure!!"