- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- Additional Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Stir in the cheeses and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Top with additional Monterey Jack if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Oven Cheese Chowder in Country August/September 1995, p51
Reviews for Oven Cheese Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2010
Awesome. A keeper for sure!!