Oven Beef Stew
My husband liked this stew and I thought others would, too.
-Ruth Ushman, Waterford, Michigan
2-3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add
- beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven,
- brown meat in oil. Add the soup, water, onion and basil; mix well.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield:
- 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 432 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,253 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet