Oven-Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
ONE of my family's favorites, this dish is often at the heart of our special meals. All our married children live nearby, so we have family gatherings often. Whenever I prepare these spareribs, I need a large quantity - most everyone asks for seconds. -LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain ribs; pour sauce over all.
- 3. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting several times with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 pound) equals 884 calories, 48 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 1,231 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Spareribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC