Oven-Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain ribs; pour sauce over all.
- 3. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting several times with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 pound) equals 884 calories, 48 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 1,231 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Spareribs
"The cooking time for these ribs was just perfect."
"Since the winter has been so cold I was looking for an alternative to ribs cooked on the barbecue so I tried the oven barbecued ribs and they were delicious!Great barbecue flavor. They orginal recipe made more than I needed but it was very easy to halve the ingredients to make the serving size I needed. Will definately make again when i am crarving barbecue on a non suitable barbecuing day!"
"I used the called for 5tsp of liquid smoke but the sauce was too sweet and not enough BBQ flavor for my family. It was tasty and thick but I'll try something else next time."
"I usually use the grill when I make ribs, so I was a little hesitant about making these, but it was a rainy weekend, so I went ahead and tried this recipe. I am so glad I did! These were the best ribs I have ever eaten...My husband just couldn't stop raving about them. This is the only way I will be making ribs from now on."