ONE of my family's favorites, this dish is often at the heart of our special meals. All our married children live nearby, so we have family gatherings often. Whenever I prepare these spareribs, I need a large quantity - most everyone asks for seconds. -LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain ribs; pour sauce over all.
- Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting several times with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Barbecued Spareribs in Reminisce July/August 1996, p49
Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Spareribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review