Oven-Barbecued Salmon Recipe
- 5 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with orange and lemon juices.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fillets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
1 fillet: 301 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Salmon
"Wish I could say I loved it but I guess I'm not a "barbecue" salmon fan. Just a little lemon, butter and mrs dash go a long way in the frying pan."
"A new favorite for my family. My son even loves this one. Excellent flavor mixture of sweet and smoky. We make this often."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.