Late last summer, the South Carolina heat drove me indoors and away from my grill. So I changed my favorite grill recipe to be made in the oven with just as tasty results. —Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan; drizzle with orange and lemon juices.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fillets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a