Oven-Barbecued Ribs Recipe
Folks will go back for seconds once they get a bite of these tender mildly tangy ribs. That's okay, because the recipe makes a big crowd-pleasing batch. Expect compliments, not left-overs! —Lynn Gaston Selma, Alabama
- 10 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place ribs in a single layer in large baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- 2. Turn ribs. Bake 30 minutes longer. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onions and celery in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 3. Drain ribs; pour sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 15 minutes; turn ribs and baste. Bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (13 ounces) equals 804 calories, 55 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 53 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC