- 10 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in a single layer in large baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Turn ribs. Bake 30 minutes longer. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onions and celery in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Drain ribs; pour sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 15 minutes; turn ribs and baste. Bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Barbecued Spareribs in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p33
Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review