Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops
My mother has fixed this recipe for years and now I prepare it for my family. The chops are delicious with scalloped potatoes and home-baked bread.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 to 8 loin or rib pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Place chops in a heavy cast-iron skillet. Combine all remaining
- ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1
- hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.