With our children grown and gone, adapting recipes to suit just husband Rodney and me is a new hobby. We enjoy this easy-to-assemble chicken.Eldora Yoder, Versailles, Missouri
2-3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Brown chicken on all sides in a skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with onion.
- Combine chili sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and oregano;
- pour over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 45 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2-3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 each) equals 307 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 2,016 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.