Mom made this easy side with fresh vegetables from our garden. Knowing that us kids helped plant, nurture and pick the veggies made it even more tasty! —Joann Jensen (daughter), Lowell, Indiana
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 16 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, broth and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and remaining seasoned salt. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p65
Reviews for Oven Baked Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2010
"very easy to throw together while the rest of dinner is cooking. I added 1/2 tbsp butter to the vegetable when I put the zucchini into the pan."