Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
This recipe reminds me of the wonderful, crispy fried chicken my mother used to make for Sunday dinner. Flaxseed, olive oil and skinless chicken make it a healthier version.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed
- Place olive oil in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine
- the Parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, flaxseed, seasoned salt and
- pepper. Dip chicken into oil, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 641 calories, 47 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 1,127 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.