This recipe reminds me of the wonderful, crispy fried chicken my mother used to make for Sunday dinner. Flaxseed, olive oil and skinless chicken make it a healthier version.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed
- Place olive oil in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, flaxseed, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip chicken into oil, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Fried Chicken in Country Woman May/June 2006, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review