- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed
- Place olive oil in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, flaxseed, seasoned salt and pepper. Dip chicken into oil, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
Sort By :
I made this recipe exactly as it is written. It was very bland! I don't typically like spicy food, but this needed some flavor.
This was good but I made some changes to it. I omitted the ground flaxseed because I wouldn't know where to begin to find it, and just used 1 cup crushed cornflakes. I also only put 1 tsp of seasoned salt, and added 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp thyme and 3/4 tsp garlic powder.
Very nice taste and crispy!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >