A seasoned coating mix and steak sauce dress up these hamburgers that cook in the oven rather than on the grill. "I like to use a sweet and spicy steak sauce for the best flavor," says Mike Goldman of Arden Hills, Minnesota.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup seasoned coating mix, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the steak sauce and 2 tablespoons of coating mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3-1/2-in.
- patties. Dip both sides of patties in remaining coating. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°
- and juices run clear, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 403 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.