Texans like brisket cooked on the smoker, but this recipe offers convenient prep in the oven. Sometimes I make extra sauce to serve on the side. Round out the meal with potato salad and slaw. —Katie Ferrier, Houston, TX
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Place brisket, fat side down, in a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion salt, liquid smoke, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over brisket. Turn brisket fat side up; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove brisket from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 300°. Bake, covered, 4 hours. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Spread over brisket. Bake, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until tender. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Brisket in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p86
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Oven-Baked Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review