Oven-Baked Bean Soup Recipe
When I know I have a busy day ahead of me, I reach for this recipe. I just pop this soup in the oven early in the day and have a delicious ready-to-eat meal all set for supper.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours YIELD:18 servings
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1-1/4 pounds fully cooked ham, diced
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup each diced onion, celery and carrot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a 6-qt. ovenproof Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 350° for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 14-18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 147 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC