Oven -Baked Western Omelet
The very first time I served this luscious omelet to my husband and young daughters, it became a yuletide tradition! Now I always double the savory recipe and sometimes substitute cheddar for Swiss cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup water
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and red pepper in oil
- for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, ham and
- water. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 214 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 244 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.