Oven -Baked Western Omelet Recipe
The very first time I served this luscious omelet to my husband and young daughters, it became a yuletide tradition! Now I always double the savory recipe and sometimes substitute cheddar for Swiss cheese.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup water
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, ham and water. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oven -Baked Western Omelet in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven -Baked Western Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review