Outrageous Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
Similar to a brownie in texture, this pleasantly chewy cookie mimics the flavors of the Girl Scouts’ beloved Thin Mints. (Maybe you’ll want to rename these delicious morsels Thick Mints.) —Tina Cowan, Chandler, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 mint Andes candies, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips and candies.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC