Similar to a brownie in texture, this pleasantly chewy cookie mimics the flavors of the Girl Scouts’ beloved Thin Mints. (Maybe you’ll want to rename these delicious morsels Thick Mints.) —Tina Cowan, Chandler, Arizona
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 mint Andes candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips and candies.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Outrageous Chocolate Mint Cookies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p45
Reviews for Outrageous Chocolate Mint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review