Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the carrots, peas and bacon. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Add milk and dressing mix; beat until combined.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 252 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad
"Very tasty the first day, but you really do need to add something to it after it's been in the refrigerator for a while to make it creamy. We add ranch dressing like another reviewer did."
"I did add a little bit of regular ranch dressing after it was sitting in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. My guests enjoyed it and has since served it at their gathering"
"My husband and I didn't care for this salad and felt it was missing something. Not sure what that ingredient was, we thought maybe more bacon or adding cheese cubes."
"My kids love this pasta salad. They ask for it over and over!!!"
"This was even better than the boxed pasta it is based of off. I very much enjoyed it and will keep it in my recipe box."
"This was a great pasta salad. Even great left over for a quick lunch or snack. I'll be making this again."