“Here’s a healthier version of a popular boxed salad mix you can buy at the store. We absolutely love it! You can also add a little cooked chicken breast to make it heartier.” Ann Timmerman – Northfield, MN
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the carrots, peas and bacon. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Add milk and dressing mix; beat until combined.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p47
Reviews for Out to Sea Pasta Shell Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review