Out-of-this-World Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine pie filling and pineapple. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to fruit mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin and food coloring if desired; mix well. Cool. Fold in bananas and pecans. Pour into the pie shells. Spread with whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 356 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Out-of-this-World Pie
"This is a wonderful pie to serve in the summer and also pretty at Christmas also! Women especially like it, and it was the most requested pie we served when our club furnished food for our local auction house concession. I've also made it with sugar-free Jell-O, Splenda, and no sugar added cherry filling, and it's just as good. Since it makes two pies, it's a great dessert to make for several people. And--it's easy!"
"This is trully my favorite pie in the world!! So light and delicious!! Just wonderful!! And others think so, too!!"