Our Favorite Pork Chops
My husband raves about these tender sweet-and-sour chops that top my list of best quick dinners. They’re on our menu regularly.—Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, OK
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coat pork chops with flour. In a large skillet over medium-high heat,
- cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until chops are lightly browned; drain. In a small bowl, combine the
- picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to the pan.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 455 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now