- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coat pork chops with flour. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to the pan.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Our Favorite Pork Chops in Country Woman December/January 2010, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Our Favorite Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2011
"I made 6 thick bone-in chops and doubled all other ingredients to make additional sauce for over mashed potatoes. Very easy and incredibly tasty. Everyone loved it ."