My husband raves about these tender sweet-and-sour chops that top my list of best quick dinners. They’re on our menu regularly.—Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, OK
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time; close bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook until light brown, 2-3 minutes on each side; drain. Combine picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to skillet.
- Reduce heat; cook, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Our Favorite Pork Chops in Country Woman December/January 2010, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Our Favorite Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review