- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coat pork chops with flour. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, apple and brown sugar; add to the pan.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Our Favorite Pork Chops
Sort By :
I made 6 thick bone-in chops and doubled all other ingredients to make additional sauce for over mashed potatoes. Very easy and incredibly tasty. Everyone loved it .