Orzo with Zucchini and Feta
“This pasta dish is simple to prepare and never fails to please,” reports Andrea Jones of McKinney, Texas. “I double and sometimes triple the recipe when hosting a get-together. You can serve it hot as a side dish or cold as a salad.”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- microwave-safe bowl, combine zucchini and water. Cover and cook on
- high for 1 minute or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Drain orzo; place in a large bowl. Add the zucchini, feta cheese,
- oil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat feta; calculated without salt) equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.