Orzo with Zucchini and Feta Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine zucchini and water. Cover and cook on high for 1 minute or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Drain orzo; place in a large bowl. Add the zucchini, feta cheese, oil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat feta; calculated without salt) equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Orzo with Zucchini and Feta
"Very quick and easy side dish and a little different than the usual. I served it hot as a side for a salmon dinner."
"The recipe was OK, certainly not bad, just kind of blah. I tried sauteing the zucchini in olive oil rather than steaming in microwave to add a little flavor. It took no additional time as I was able to do so while water boiled and pasta cooked."
"This was a simple and delicious dish. Prepping the zucchini in the microwave was a real time-saver. Next time I might lessen the amount of oregano (it was a little overpowering for my taste) but overall this was delicious and I'll definitely be making it again... soon!"