Orzo with Peppers & Spinach Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 each medium sweet orange, red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet cook the peppers and mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the spinach, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or just until spinach is wilted.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to skillet; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 234 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Orzo with Peppers & Spinach
"Loved this as a side dish. Very light and good way to incorporate vegetables."
"This was our first try with orzo and we loved it. Next time I'm going to add chicken to it and make it a meal."
"I would definitely make it again. My husband suggested next time possibly substituting tofu for the mushrooms, or goat cheese for the parmesan. This did not go over well with our young kids."